The following cleaning instructions are for job site and factory finished polyurethane wood floors. The following procedures are NOT for wax finished or oil finished wood floors.
“Wood and water don’t mix!” Any spill on your wood floor should be wiped up as soon as possible.
- Products needed to keep your wood floor clean.
- A clean towel or white terry rag
- Mineral spirits
- A dust mop or Bona Mop
- Bona Wood Floor spray cleaner, Duraseal Wood Floor Cleaner, or Woodwise Wood Floor Cleaner
- (These products may be purchased through your wood flooring contractor or floor covering dealer)
- A broom or vacuum with a soft brush head.
- Vacuum or sweep as needed
- To clean sneaker scuffs, oil, tar, grease, or gum – clean with mineral spirits on a clean white cloth. Once the soiled area is clean, remove the mineral spirits residue with a Wood Floor Cleaner on another clean white cloth.
- Clean your wood floor as needed. If it looks like your wood floor needs cleaning follow this technique: Fold a clean towel so that it will fit under your dust mop or a Bona mop. Spray the Wood Floor Cleaner on the bottom of the towel. Clean no more than (10’ X 10’) 100 square feet of floor. Refold the towel so there is a clean surface. Spray the bottom of the towel with the Wood Floor Cleaner. Repeat this process until the floor is finished.
That’s it! DO NOT use anything else on your wood floor EVER! Jobsite and factory finished polyurethane wood floors are very durable and may be refinished numerous times if proper care and products are used on everyday maintenance.
Visit our pro shop at www.trinityhardwoodonline.com for more information about floor maintenance products; or visit our locations in, Dallas, Houston, Austin and Fort Worth.